January 23rd, 2019
News, Employment,Videos, ETC
Please contact Karen Hanson, email@example.com, with inquires on these positions. Our job application as a fillable PDF form is available to download below. After filling in the form simply save and rename the file as, App for Employment_YOURLASTNAME, and send it back to us.
CAD Designer / Drafter
Woodex Bearing Company Inc. is an employee owned company with approximately 30 current co-owners. Within our company, the MECO (Mechanical Concepts) Division, engineers, designs and fabricates custom shaft seals for processing equipment located around the world. We create sealing solutions for bulk material handling vessels, with rotational shafts, in a variety of industries including food, pharmaceuticals, petrochemical, plastics, waste processing, etc. We are continually growing and expanding.
We have an opening for an entry to intermediate experience level CAD Designer/ Drafter in the MECO Seal division of our company. This position will require the applicant to perform several duties within the general scope of their title, as well as beyond that on occasion. The position’s main duties include, but are not limited to the following.
• Work directly with the engineering and sales offices to create 3D models (PTC Creo) of seals and components, as well as fabrication drawings and assembly drawings for customer approval.
• Work with engineering & sales on design related issues.
• Review customer application blueprints/drawings for design compatibility.
• Create and organize parts lists from 3D models within Creo.
• Create BOMs (Bill of Materials) from parts lists and incorporate into companywide ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
• Work with manufacturing, engineering & sales on processing of ECOs (Engineering Change Orders) and customer revisions.
This position will have a moderate learning curve. We have several product lines with variations of each. Over time, developing a good understanding of our products and how they function will be essential to completing duties.
Qualifications & Experience
Our ideal candidate will incorporate the following. All may not be necessary, but are very helpful.
• Education: Associates degree in Computer Drafting or Design or similar.
• Equivalent work experience is also acceptable (2-3 years).
• Experience with reading, understanding and interpreting engineering drawings or blueprints.
• Experienced in the use of a 3D modeling and drafting software. (AutoCAD, CREO, SolidWorks, Etc.)
• Some experience with ERP or PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) software preferred.
• Basic knowledge or familiarity of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing).
• Ability to work with others in a team environment as well as independently.
• Good mechanical aptitude and a desire to understand how things function.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive wage depending on experience an excellent benefits program which will include health insurance, HSA (Health Savings Account) contributions, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, a 401(k) Savings program with match and an auxiliary retirement plan in the form of an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan). Opportunities for career advancement are available in the future.
MECO News & Videos