September 10th, 2019
News, Employment,Videos, ETC
Please contact Karen Hanson, firstname.lastname@example.org, with inquires on these positions. Our job application as a fillable PDF form is available to download below. After filling in the form simply save and rename the file as, App for Employment_YOURLASTNAME, and send it back to us.
We have an opening for an entry level Machinist in the MECO Seal division of our company. This position will require the applicant to perform several duties within the general scope of their title, as well as beyond that on occasion. The position’s main duties include, but are not limited to the following.
- Material Preparation – Use band saw, table saw, etc., to prepare metal and plastic stock.
- Manual Machining – Set up machine, drill, tap, cut & mill metal and plastic components on a manual “Bridgeport” type knee mill.
- CNC Machining – Setup machine, drill, mill & profile plastic components using supplied macro programs. Training is provided.
- Work with others in the MECO Shop to increase manufacturing efficiency by periodically reviewing processes.
- Work with the Engineering Department to ensure good component conformity and manufacturing process.
This position will have a modest learning curve. We have several product lines with variations of each in terms of size, shape and features. Over time, developing a good understanding of our common product types will be beneficial to completing duties. This position will require the operator to stand extended periods of time at various work stations.
Qualifications & Experience
Potential candidates should incorporate the following.
- Prior machine shop experience is very helpful, but not required for this position.
- Good math skills – Basic math functions with some unit conversions.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Basic understanding of, or ability to learn, drawing GD&T.
- Ability to use and read various measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, dial indicators, etc.
- Must be detail oriented.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive wages, depending on experience. We offer an excellent benefits program, which will include health insurance, HSA (Health Savings Account) contributions, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, a 401(k) Savings program with match and an auxiliary retirement plan in the form of an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan).
Woodex Bearing Company Inc. is an employee owned company with approximately 32 current co-owners. Within our company, the Woodex Division fabricates custom wood bearings for equipment located around the world. We create bearings for bulk material handling screw conveyors, as well as for farm equipment and other various applications. Also within our company, the MECO (Mechanical Concepts) Division, engineers, designs and fabricates custom shaft seals for processing equipment located around the world. We create sealing solutions for bulk material handling vessels with rotational shafts, in a variety of industries. These industries include food, pharmaceuticals, petrochemical, plastics, waste processing, etc. We are continually growing and expanding.
MECO News & Videos